Friday, June 13, 2008

To the Aquarium we went...

Had some fun this week – Rachel and I went to the Georgia Aquarium (see picture below). We made an overnight trip of it, and spent the night with a good friend of mine (thanks again for the hospitality S&B H). Zoe stayed here in Cookeville (thanks for the overnight stay to R&S S).

It was a good trip for us to take. Michell and I loved going to aquariums – I’ve been to at least 5 different ones now, plus several repeat trips – and Rachel likes them too. So, it allowed me to continue establishing the “new normal” of our family life.

Forgot my camera and video camera, so I have almost no tangible evidence of the trip itself, but that’s ok. I almost wonder if just the getting out and doing it was more important than archiving the experience. We have at least one more trip planned this summer (Splash Country, next week) and I have put a hold on a fall trip to Disney.

I’m trying to prepare myself for the Disney trip – Michell and I went twice as a couple, and then we took Rachel when she was 4, so there are lots of memories to deal with. Not to mention that I get sick on the Teacups, and Rachel loved riding them (with Michell, not me).

So far, the summer has gone pretty well – I need to get more stuff done both at work and at the house, but that’s a normal feeling even from before Michell passed away.

Well, this post has been all over the map. Thanks again for all the notes and encouragement that everyone continues to send my way.

2 comments:

Vonda said...

Steven, so glad you and Rachel went to the Aquarium. We went last October when we were in Atlanta and had a ball! I know she enjoyed spending some good time with her Daddy! And Splash Country will be great too!

Vonda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.