Friday, January 21, 2011

What I really want to say is... zzzzzz

I cannot believe how tired I was yesterday and am again today.  It's not a lack of sleep - many have asked, and I am sleeping well.  I have not needed any medications, rather I have been able to go to bed around my normal time (1130p) and get to sleep before midnight.  I have been able to sleep until at least 6 and usually 7. 

I think I am simply exhausted from the stress of the past 2 weeks.  The week mom was in the hospital, I was home with a very sick little girl (no stress from either of those, right?).  Then this week had all the stress of making decisions regarding mom's services. 

I also had a monumental challenge the past 2 evenings.  While she was here, Michell's mom Sandra did a bunch of laundry for me.  This was extremely kind of her to do.  Unfortunately, along with the girls' laundry bins, she mixed in a bin of clothes which were clean and had been set aside to put away for summer... and she mixed in a bin of clothes which were new from Christmas that I hadn't looked at enough to know what shirts go with what pants.  It was like dumping 20 puzzles together, all of which are solid red, and trying to sort out what pieces go where.  My family room floor still looks like a laundry war zone. 

Funny thing, the laundry challenge was what made me miss mom the most.  I am... shall we say... fashion-sense challenged.  Those of you who have known me a long time might remember the bright yellow shirt and bright red shorts I used to wear together.  Very Ronald McDonald.  Whenever clothes came back that I didn't know how to match, I would call mom.  And she could magically pair things up over the phone - without even seeing them!  Just another example of how she took care of me.

She would be proud of me, though.  It took me about 3 hours the first night, but I finally got Zoe's stuff matched up.  Then Rachel and I, with an hour on Skype with Sandra and 2 more hours together, got 75% of her stuff matched up last night.  Quite an accomplishment for the fashion-challenged me.  I do, however, still have 6 pairs of pajama pants missing their tops.  Anyone need some?

So if you see Rachel or Zoe (or me, for that matter) in an outfit that makes you cringe, just remind yourself that the girls are stuck with me, and let me know so that I don't embarrass them in public... or at least so I don't embarrass them that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont mind to help you pair the right shirt with the right pair of pants... :) I hope you are doing well, and I am praying for you and your family everyday. Amanda

Kristi said...

Feeling physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted is right in line with all you have experienced so far in 2011. Give yourself permission to be human, and give yourself time to recupperate. Jesus experienced the same as a human, and your Father understands your needs.
Rachel and Zoe are not "stuck" with you, but are highly favored and blessed to have you as their father. You are the right man for the high calling God has given you for them. No one around you finds you lacking, and neither do they. Do they always express their appreciation? No, and neither do we adults to each other. But, your Father not only accepts you as you are, but He also approves of who you are!
As to mismatched clothing, my daughters show up every night with mismatched pajamas, ensembles, and outfits. And, they are beautiful in each one! To top it off, they do it on purpose! Let every challenge with clothes be an opportunity to laugh together, and make memories together.

Darlene said...

'Rachel and Zoe are not "stuck" with you, but are highly favored and blessed to have you as their father. You are the right man for the high calling God has given you for them.'
I totally agree with Kristi! Your girls are fully blessed to have YOU for their daddy. Believe it whether or not you feel it. It's true.

God's many blessings on you as you continue in Him, as you continue to lead your daughters in His ways. You're in our hearts, thoughts, and prayers.