Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Take Pictures of the Everyday

Yesterday, my sister and I spent about half a day going through pictures to use in a slide show of mom.  I already knew that mom didn't much like having her picture taken, but what I didn't realize is how often I let her get away with that.  There were even a few years where the Christmas pictures had me and my kids, Steph and her kids, and dad... but no mom.  What were we thinking?

But the more glaring thing that I realized is that while I am pretty good at getting pictures of events, I am lousy at getting pictures of the everyday.  As I went through my pictures, I found that since moving back to Tennessee in 2005, I have more pictures of Michell's parents than of my own.  Why?  Because when we saw Michell's parents, it was an event; we saw my parents every week, so that was just everyday life.

The good thing is that between Stephanie and me, we found plenty of pictures of mom - really good ones.  But from here on, I plan to carry a camera with me more often on "normal" days, so that I can capture more of our everyday life.

No comments: