Monday, February 25, 2008

Busy weekend behind, busy week ahead

Haven’t posted in a few days, though a lot has been happening. I never did get started on the detailed description of events surrounding Michell’s death. I don’t know why, really, I had a few nights when I could have sat down and done it. Maybe I still just don’t want to.

This weekend was eventful. I got to take Rachel to the Daddy-Daughter Dance here in Cookeville. Some friends from church took Rachel with their daughters to get her hair and nails done, and she looked fabulous. I’ll post pictures soon, but for now I’m leaving them in the camera so I can show them to Michell’s parents when I visit.

That’s right – this Saturday, we’re traveling to NC for a visit with Granny & Papa Williams. I don’t know how I’m going to react when I’m there, but I need to go. I have scheduled some times on Monday to meet with the people who couldn’t come to Cookeville for the funeral services, and I think that will be very wearing on me – but I want to get it done and over with, to have some closure.

I’m not sure who is more excited, Rachel or Granny. Every time they talk, they keep getting each other more and more excited. There’s a new swing set waiting for Rachel there in NC, and she is pumped to see it. This week will be busy getting ready – especially early in the week. Rather than drag a bunch of luggage around, I am going to ship our clothes and some other things to NC, and try to only take one bag, one stroller, and one car seat with us to the airport. With the trip, it may be more than a week before I post again.

In terms of tears, the past few days have been tough on me. Michell would have loved getting Rachel ready for the dance – even now I can’t stand the thought of her missing it. Then on Sunday, during worship, so many people came down front to worship – especially the youth – and I could almost see her. Even this morning, with no real stimulus, I was just crying over her – missing her and wanting her back. On the drive in, I held my hand out to the place where we would hold hands when driving – but she wasn’t there. Oh, how I wanted her to be there.

Class in 5 minutes, so I have to go. I need to stop crying so I can teach.

1 comment:

Vonda said...

Oh Steven, thank you for sharing your heart. I know Michell would have soaked in every moment of getting Rachel ready for that dance, and I also know she would have been so very proud of YOU for taking the time to spend some precious moments with your little girl. Rachel and Zoe will remember these sweet times with their Daddy, Steven. I still look back with such gratefulness for the times my Daddy took extra time with me and made me feel like a Princess. Steven, I hope your trip to Raleigh is a good one, and I pray that God will continue the healing process. You have so many friends there who love you and your girls, and I know they are going to be glad to see you and pour some of that love on you.