Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow Day! (a good day)

Today has been a good day. It started with a good night sleep, because Zoe only got up once, and just for about half an hour. The day did start early, however, as Zoe started coughing around 6am and didn't ever go back to sleep, instead of sleeping until 7am.

But, on the bright side, it is a snow day. My parents kept Rachel for the day, while I taught classes in the morning and did some errands and administrative work in the afternoon. Rachel's had a good time so far, and I doubt that will change.

Also, dinner is handled because, since it's a snow day, my mom invited us to dinner. So, instead of braving the restaurant world with 2 girls, I get the support of my parents during dinner. I don't know if we'll have church or not, but I hope so.

All in all, the snow is a bit of a disappointment - the roads are clear (which is good) but there's not enough snow for sledding (which is bad). I would love to take Rachel sledding today, but it just isn't going to happen -it would be more "dragging" than "sledding", so it almost isn’t worth being called snow.

Today has also been a good day because, so far, I haven't cried from missing my wife. For those who have not been through the death of a spouse, it's not that I don't miss her - I miss her very much - but I haven't been so overwhelmed today that I needed to cry. The past two weeks have been especially hard; with more tears shed than anytime before, but today... today has been a good day.

1 comment:

Linda Williams said...

Keep the "playful" spirit up with the girls. I know you really don't feel like playing but they need you to exhibit happiness for them. You are showing them by example that God does not put more on us than we can bear.

Love,
Linda and James Williams