Monday, March 24, 2008

Too much to post...

Seems like I don’t get time to post anymore. Zoe still isn’t sleeping well (last night she was up from 2-4am), so I am tired most of the time, and I’m also behind at work because of all the visits to the doctor.

Recently, I’ve wanted to post about several things:
1) more issues with being angry when Zoe won’t go back to sleep
2) having a week-long time frame when I didn’t seem to grieve anymore (that ended)
3) missing Michell because of special events (Rachel’s birthday, Easter)
4) crying when Zoe says “mommy”
5) great fun at Rachel’s sleepover birthday party

But, in the end, I’m posting about all the things I wanted to post about. Hopefully I’m going to get caught up at work over the next few days, and then I can get back to more regular posting.

If you’re praying, and I can tell that many of you are, pray for Zoe to sleep well, for me to get some big projects done at work, and for some good 5-minute supper ideas (hot dogs and sandwiches I know, but I’m getting tired of hot dogs…).
Pray also for a friend of mine who needs prayer more than I do. And thanks again for all the encouragement and prayer.

2 comments:

Vonda said...

Steven, we are praying for you! I thought about Rachel on March 19 and I can't believe she is already 6...what a little lady. It seems like yesterday that she just arrived. I remember meeting Michell down at Seaboard Cafe in downtown Raleigh when Rachel was just a couple of months old and Michell was just so proud of her sweet baby girl. Hang in there and when you get time, we would love to see pics of her Birthday party. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Steve
For fast meal ideas....I have found that frozen cheese tortellini makes for a fast and filling meal. I keep a large bag of it in the freezer and just boil up a few servings at a time. Once I drain it, I mix it with butter and grated parmesean cheese(the dry kind). We all enjoy it...even our 2 year old (he asks to eat it for lunch and dinner). I also keep frozen cheese and potato pierogies (Mrs. T's) on hand and those can be microwaved in about five minutes. I butter them and serve them and my little guy likes those too. We also eat frozen meatballs since they can be microwaved and then just dropped into sauce or gravy to finish off a meal. Hope that is helpful...